Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Getting Life in Order

After five years I finally will finish my B.A. in English. I have no real idea what I am going to do now that I have a degree but I am sure I will find something. Moving on to the next stage of my life has got to me thinking. Up until now my goal was to get a degree, get married, and start a family. Up until recently the degree put a hamper on the getting married part (which is just as well since the relationship did not last and would have ended up in divorce). However with no current prospects in sights and my degree only weeks away I have to turn my attention on a new goal. Setting a huge goal without any real direction freaks me out. So I have taken a few baby steps to start branching out and working my way up to a big goal.

I have broken my goals into two categories personal and business.

The business side my goals is to find a job paying ten dollars an hour minimum. Where I live now that would not be an issue but I am moving to a place where I only know three people and don't really have any connections. I need to be able to support myself and those things include car payment, gas, food, rent, and other necessities.

My personal goals are less structured. Moving for me is a great opportunity because aside from the three people I know I have no connections and my actions will only reflect on my and no one else. So with that in mind I want to go sing karaoke at a local bar, pose for a drawing class, and learn now to knit. I also want to volunteer in some aspect. These are all do able realistic small goals. My larger goals are still in the works but as soon as I know I will let you know.

No comments: