Monday, April 21, 2008

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

Red and I went to the zoo Sunday to shoot some animals.  (Shoot with zoom lenses that is).  I have been going to the zoo for many years and until Sunday did not realize how unique an experience the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is.  I went with two animals in mind for pictures.  I wanted some pictures of the giraffes and the hippos.  The look on Reds face when she saw how close we would be to the giraffes was pure joy.  She looked like a little girl in toy store.  We shot one roll of film each of just the giraffes.  
The zoo is always in a state of remodeling and this year is no different.  Newly added is a gondola to take people to the top of the zoo and soon to be opened is a new exhibit Rocky Mountain Wild.  My other animal of choice to shoot is Hippos.  I LOVE HIPPOS.  The ears and whiskers are my favorite.  We were lucky enough to be there right as the zoo keeper let them out of the building towards their swimming pool.  Watching three hippos charge a swimming pool is quite a rush and very wet.  We had a great time at the zoo and have decided we should make a habit out of visiting zoos in the places we travel.  

No comments: