Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My TOP 3

My TOP 3 are the semi unconventional items in my kitchen I can not cook without.
1) I can not cook without wearing my Crocs. My kitchen has hardwood floors and after standing for about half an hour I start to feel the tension creeping into my back. I slip my Crocs on and my back is a happy camper. I have tried wearing other shoes and while they give me more support and padding than cooking in my bear feet I still can't beat cooking in Crocs.

2) My cookbook stand is another thing I can not cook without. This item was a recent addition to my TOP 5. Last year for Christmas my mother gave me the stand. She told me that she noticed many of my cookbooks had flour and chocolate smears on many pages. The stand protects the cookbook I am using from my sticky/dirty fingers. My books while well used are going to last longer due to this simple but indispensible item.

3) My iPod is another item on the list. Many people I know like to listen to the radio while they cook. I don't listen to music I listen to audio books. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and I have a very long "to read" list. I multi-task by listening to books instead of reading them.

No comments: